Friday 17 May 2019

Playing about

Not had much time to myself this week, but managed to have a go at a technique which is really simple and I don't know why it's taken me so long to do!
This is for a friend of mine and I needed it in a hurry.

I don't have many Distress Oxides and you need them for this, but I do have my 2 of my fave colours EVER and I used them for this.

On reflection I think perhaps I should have used a darker blend of inks but you learn as you go along!

Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon brushed onto plain white cardstock.
The hydrangea is from Technique Tuesday, gold embossed onto the inked piece.

By simply using a paintbrush loaded with water you can 'remove' the colour from the flower petals lightening the embossed image.

The pic really doesn't do it justice - I am very pleased with how this turned out for a first attempt - the image seems to float amongst the darker background.

I will try another using a darker Oxide shade I think at some point.

As it's Friday I hope you are all looking forward to a fabulous weekend! Thanks for visiting! x

Sharing my card at
The Flower Challenge - Embossing (Heat or Dry)
A2S&M - A/goes
SOC - Flowers
SOS - May Flowers

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a striking card and love the effect from the technique. Beautiful colours and such a beautiful card. Have a lovely weekend too Viv x

brenda said...

Pretty colours Viv - take a bit of bleach to it and the colours will go completely.

B x

Darlene said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Viv! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Flowers’ challenge. Please come back again soon and Good Luck!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card Viv love the embossed stamp and inked background-never tried this technique
Carol x

junemac2 said...

beautiful card Viv.
hugs June x

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card Viv , it was a super technique to use and I really like the colour shades.
Yvonne xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is beautiful

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautifully CAS and a great colour choice x

Chana Malkah said...

Very nicely crafted! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

foleysfriend said...

Beautiful! I love the striking simplicity of your card. Thanks for sharing the technique - just might try it myself. Thanks also for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Pat said...

This is a beautiful water bleached flower Viv and the background is gorgeous. Love it! x