Wednesday 8 May 2019

Out of this World!

Those who know me know what I am like about football! (Soccer to my friends across the pond!).... so today I have been allowing my blood pressure to return to normal after an amazing night at Anfield last night!
Suffice to say the result was definitely 'out of this world' and the boys in red really did 'sparkle' - so in their honour -

Regular visitors will recall I made a card with an offcut from a galaxy background (it's HERE if you want a look!).  This is the original background where that offcut came from.
I quite like galaxy backgrounds (when I get them right) and I think this is one of my better ones. If you've not tried a galaxy background there are lots of great examples here on pinterest!

Lots of different colours used - Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserve, Dusty Concord, Black Soot.
A liberal splattering with water then when dry some white acrylic paint gave me my stellar sky.

The Starbursts and the sentiment are from Visible Image, simply heat embossed.

Sharing at -
Sweet Stampin' - Spaced Out
A Place to Start - Technique (Galaxy)
Fab n Funky - A/goes
APTTC - A/Goes

Thanks for looking today.
I am planning a quiet night in the craftie space - no more excitement for a few days at least! x

17 comments:

Aquarius said...

What a fabulous background for your celebratory fireworks

brenda said...

Amazing indeed, when I woke up this morning I wasn't sure if it was a dream, what a night and smiled even more when I saw the front page of the Times was none other than the beaming Mr K. A perfect creation.

Bx

Kathleen said...

A bit like bonfire night, fabulous background and love the white embossing against it.

Kath x

Becca Sadler said...

Your galaxy card is FAB-out-of-this-world! Fantastic technique(s) to get that cool almost photographic look! Thanks for sharing to APTS blog's technique challenge! Becca/DT

Bunny said...

This is very pretty. I love how it turned out. Congratulations on your team having an amazing night. [Bunny]

Stamps and Paper said...

Wow Viv your card certainly makes an impact it’s fabulous

And

papierelle said...

Congratulations to the Reds, this was definitely a magical night.
Your card is also magical and your galaxy is great. You can really lose yourself in it.
Gundi

ahlers5 said...

Great technique on the background. Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us at A Place to Start. We look forward to seeing you again.

Chana Malkah said...

Your galaxy background is absolutely gorgeous! I love the intensity of your colors and your spattering if on point! Great design and very nicely executed! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner
A Place To Start Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

Wendy said...

Fabulous!........Thanks for joining us at Fab’n’funky and Sweet Stampin :)
Wendy x

Mac Mable said...

No wonder you are celebrating....Who would have believed it...The boys did good x Fabulous galaxy background, unique and stunning....And one celebratory card x

Tina Chianna said...

I love the colour mix you've used to create the galaxy effect and it is so effective. As for the stamping it stands out perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing this technique with us at A Place to Start and I look forward to seeing more of your work. Tina Maree DT

Viv said...

Yes great match eh Viv, we use to live there so follow them too.Fabulous card here also, so magical ;) hugs Viv xx

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning design that looks amazing love and hugs Carole x

Sarn said...

Stunning card mate. Congratulations on The Reds' win xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background
Carol x

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Fabulous. Love the background. Thanks for playing with us this month at A Place To Start Challenge. AJ DT APSTC