Monday 13 May 2019

Monster!

Had a few hectic days with a 2 day trip to Cardiff then a day in Dorset before travelling back today. A busy time but enjoyable although now am tired!
I made this card just before I went away and didn't have time to post it -


I don't often use digi stamps but this months challenge at CAS Watercolour has the theme of 'For a Child'.
Now, child suitable stamps are not something I possess!


So improvised with this monster which I had saved in my digi folder (likely a freebie and sorry but have no idea where it came from as it's years since I even opened the digi folder never mind the stamps in there!)
I coloured with my waterbrush pens (still practicing!), then fussy cut him out, dotting some white on the parcel.
I randomly stamped the background spots in the same colours adding the sentiment with Versamark.
He looked kinda lost on a plain white background so opted to use an embossing folder!

Sharing over at
AAA- Up to One Third and Bright colours
Always Fun - Embossing folders
CAS Watercolour - For a child

Been a lovely day here - too late home to do all the washing (my excuse) but suspect that there will not be ANY option tomorrow as the forecast is for a lovely day!!
Thanks for looking - will be round to visit you all now I have my cup of tea in hand! x

22 comments:

Kathleen said...

Brilliant card, love teh little monster and a great design of the card.

Kath x

Sarn said...

Helloooooooo mate . .. thanks so much for sweet comment on my blog.

Loving the monster with the parcel . . . Cutest monster ever! Great card.

Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Sarn said...

Helloooooooo mate . .. thanks so much for sweet comment on my blog.

Loving the monster with the parcel . . . Cutest monster ever! Great card.

Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Meggymay said...

A real cute fun card Viv. I think a few adults would like this style of card as well as the children.
Yvonne xx

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun card with a great digi image. The spots and the dry embossing look fabulous along with that fun little monster x.
Sounded like you had a hectic few days x.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute monster and embossed background
carol x

Bonnie said...

What a bright and fun monster, Viv! I love how you've colored him and repeated the colors on the dots! The bit of diagonal embossed panels are a brilliant idea! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Loll said...

Your little green monster is adorable, Viv!! You have to smile looking at him. Love the bright orange present with the dots. And great dots to make your own background design for the split section. This is really a fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

brenda said...

Looks perfect for purpose to me Viv.

B x

Carole said...

Great monster card Viv..love your design with the spotty panel. xx

Bunny said...

Monstrously cute. Love the colors and the embossing. [Bunny]

Karen said...

Sweet! Love the embossing folder that you chose and the digi :)

Jane said...

He's fun! Fabulous card. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Karen Dunbrook said...

total cuteness....I'm smiling at your sweet card.
Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge this month!
:) Karen

papierelle said...

Oh what a funny monster. Love it and your beautiful card.

junemac2 said...

Fantastic card and i love your child friendly monster.

Hugs June x

Mrs A. said...

Oops. I think a monster just ate my comment!. I think I have as many digi images as I do Stamps. Your monster reminds me of a monster alien digi have in a space ship by Hambo stamps. Hugs Mrs A.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

My eldest Grandson would love this Viv x

Waleska said...

Love the embossing and the cute monster!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Always Fun Challenges blog!!!

Waleska Owner

Quillish said...

What a cute monster that is! Thank you for joining us at AAA Cards, hugs~ Ishani.

Tracie Pond said...

Super fun, bright and cheerful birthday card. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards =) Tracie

ÅsaJ said...

Such a fun and cute little Birthday monster! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa