Friday 24 May 2019

Baby Wipes!

It has been a struggle this month for me to keep my promise to myself to enter the CAS Mix Up Challenge each month (reason explained in the post below this one) and I am almost at the last minute sharing this into the gallery.
I tried a couple of things using the Baby Wipe techniques suggested on the challenge blog but was disappointed with the results. I desperately wanted to have a go with my limited Distress Oxide stash on glossy paper, however the photo paper I have is very thin so didn't take the inks well. (Will buy some better stuff next time I am out!)

In the end I opted to use the Baby Wipe as an Ink Pad, again with only limited supplies!
Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick and Weathered Wood ink refills dropped onto the wipe , a very old Hero Arts stamp set used for the leaf flourish and flower head.
The 'splatters' are from SU.

Then I got very messy and folded the wipe and dragged across the bottom of the card.
More ink on the fingers and the surrounding craft mat than on the card but undeterred had another couple of 'passes'!

The die cut sentiment was lying on the desk so used it before it became too tatty.
Overall, don't think it looks too bad!
There's also a brand new challenge over at The Foiled Fox   asking for a Colour Trio, so am linking up there too!.

Thanks for looking today and thanks to everyone who has sent me their best wishes for my M-I-L. They are much appreciated.  x 

16 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful card Viv and the baby wipe worked well as an ink pad. I like how you've used the aperture and cut out piece at the bottom to add your point of interest. Wishing you a happy weekend x

Bunny said...

I think you did a good job. It came out pretty. I've had to start wearing disposable gloves when working with the inks as I can't get the ink off for days unless I add a little bleach to my hands. I know..........bleach is not good for the skin but when you have to go somewhere and can't look like that you do what you gotta do. 

[Bunny]

Heather said...

So pretty; I love the colours you chose. Weathered wood is one of my faves and it looks great here blending with the pinks,

Jo said...

Such a refreshing look with this colour trio! Great design with the strip at the bottom to match your stamped bloom. A beautiful card Viv. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Loll said...

So pretty Viv. Love the colour combination of your re-inker baby wipe pad. Teh image is pretty and I love the swipes of colour at the bottom. Great work! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Marilyn said...

Love the color combination.

Mrs A. said...

I like the curve on this card and the cut window design. Hugs Mrs A.

Bonnie said...

I'm impressed that you used the baby wipe two ways, Viv! No waste there! The stamped flower is delicate and the more intense bottom makes a wonderful contrast! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Viv love the style and technique

Anne

Viv said...

I think you did very well with your baby wipe technique Viv, great card too ;) Viv xx

Carole said...

Clever perseverance Viv..and patience...result is a striking card! Last leg of the kitchen...I am on my last legs too!..lol.. Will write soon xx

Mac Mable said...

This is such a pretty card and love the colour combination. The technique has worked fabulously. I too found that different inks reacted differently and different photo paper etc. Like you I persevered and always so enjoy learning new techniques x. Your design is striking and your card is so very beautiful Viv. Thank you for finding time to join in The CAS Mix Up challenge and sending hugs x

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so beautiful, Viv! I love the design (especially the square window and the curvy bottom line) and the way the inks blended! You did a fantastic job with the technique using the limited supplies. Using the baby wipe not only as an ink pad for the flowers but dragging it across to color the bottom is so clever. The white die-cut sentiment is a wonderful touch too.
Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Mix Up (even at the last minute)! :-)
Hideko xx

Pat said...

This has worked well using your three colours of ink refills using the baby wipe as an ink pad, and the bottom below the pretty stitched edge looks fabulous with the added ink from the baby wipe, and then the white die cut sentiment stands out beautifully over the top. In fact it looks like there are folds in the fabric with the darker tones centrally and also at the bottom, and the swirl and spatters framed with the square aperture have lots of great variation of tone too. x

Sarn said...

Hi ya mate . . . Absolutely LOVE the look of this card. Off to read earlier post to see what's occurring.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW absolutely beautiful CAS card -love the stamp in the aperture -the shaped at the bottom looks brilliant with the shaded ink
Carol x