Monday 16 March 2020

Sparkly Flower

(My reminder post for CAS Stencil is below this one - Please scroll down the page!)

The sun is shining here today for a change! We have lovely blue skies, although it is still a bit chilly we managed to get out for an hour and a walk - it was lovely and peaceful and we were able to not dwell on the current situation all over the world for a short time and just enjoy the fresh air.

I am keeping my promise to myself to enter the challenge at CAS Christmas each month (listen to me - it's only March!!! Call back in October and we'll see how I've done then!) - this month the challenge is 'Winter Flower'.

It's also their SECOND BIRTHDAY so Happy Birthday to everyone at CAS Christmas!

I used a Penny Black poinsettia stamp, stamping first on gold glitter paper then embossing.

I stamped the flower again on some vellum and heat embossed, and used the stem from another set for the stalk and the leaf.

Fussy cut and then added some sequins for the centre.

I managed to find enough hammered textured card to make this card. I think I am going to have to buy some more as I am beginning to like it a lot better than plain white!

The card is quite sparkly but delicate in real life and another Christmas card for the box!
Sharing over at
ABC Christmas - E=Embossing/G=Gold

12 comments:

Carole said...

I like this Viv and the touch of the contrast down the side too. Well done for sticking to the Christmas card countdown :) Stay safe xx

Susan said...

Love this! The layering of the gold and vellum is fabulous!! Also love the strips of gold and black down the edge.

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Viv! I love the mix of papers and the rich embossing!

Kathleen said...

A really super creation Viv, what a great idea to use the stem of another flower, it looks really great, lovely design and a really great image.

Kath x

Christine Alexander said...

Viv, I'm so happy you are using CAS Christmas Card Challenge to make sure your stash is big enough for Christmas. This oneis a beauty with your layered poinsettia. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Christmas :)

Aquarius said...

Gorgeous flower and I bet it looks spectacular in real life.

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, this is a stunner! I love the combination of glitter paper and the vellum and it just sparkles. I'm delighted to have you as a follower and want to follow your fantastic blog too. Welcome.

brenda said...

How very elegant Viv, a real beauty.

B x

KandA said...

Wow, such a beautiful card and the flower is stunning xx

Mac Mable said...

A real stunner Viv. The combination of the vellum, the glitter card and the texture from the white cardstock sure does make an amazing card. A real eye catcher and just my sort of card.....I love it x.

Loll said...

A real "WOW" card Viv! Love your layered poinsettia with the gold glitter paper and vellum layers. Looks amazing! And so pretty on your hammered card base. xx

Pat said...

This is amazing Viv and I love the combination of the gold glitter card and the vellum for the beautiful gold embossed poinsettia, and the textured card and the gold and black stripes down the side, together with the sequins in the centre of the flower and three more on the background all add to this very pretty look. x