Wednesday 18 March 2020

Spring Florals - Stamping Sensations Mid Month Reminder- March

I have copied the message from our Stamping Sensations challenge blog - 
We hope everyone is keeping safe and well during these unprecedented troubled times, it's all quite surreal and the daily news bulletins from all around the World suggest we are going to have to weather some stormy times before it improves. 

Amidst all that's going on posting a mid month reminder seems futile, but we know craft has helped many through difficult times in the past and perhaps now more than ever we will be grateful of our hobby to help us through and keep us sane. We as a team send our love and thoughts to everyone.

 Our challenge is Spring Florals and we have a new sponsor this month - Thirsty Brush - so pop over to the challenge blog and take a look!

Whilst I had the vellum out for my sparkly Christmas card (below!) I used up some of the small pieces and stamped a scribbly flower and heat embossed in white. 

I thought about colouring the back of them but then decided to use coloured card base instead so I stamped the stems and leaves, heat embossed and added a little colour before popping on the fussy cut flower heads.

Thanks for looking today - I suspect that I (and lots of you) will be posting more over the coming weeks whilst we keep ourselves occupied during self isolating or following the advice to 'socially distance' - at least the power of blogland will keep us all in touch with each other.   

I appreciate all my visitors and never more so than now! Stay safe. x

23 comments:

Bunny said...

Lovely card. The flowers are beautiful. [Bunny]

KandA said...

Beatiful CAS card and such a lovely flower xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the simplicity of your gorgeous card Viv the green card really looks good again your pretty vellum flowers

Anne

Carole said...

Cool and calming and very pretty ...a great idea to use that coloured card Viv. It looks so pretty behind the vellum flowers. Stay safe my friend xx

brenda said...

Always think flowers tamped into vellum give a lovely feel Viv, so pretty.

B x

Glennis F said...

I really love this idea, may have to CASE it if that is OK with you

Kathleen said...

CAS at it's best, gorgeous flowers.

Kath x

Liz said...

Lovely card, Viv. I love the vellum flowers - so delicate. xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

So pretty and delicate!

Mac Mable said...

The vellum flowers look so pretty and I love that the green from the cardstock 'colours' them from the back. A delicate and beautiful card Viv x Stay safe my friend x.

Brenda in IN said...

Those flowers done in vellum are so beautiful. I love the shades of green you used for c/s and coloring. The flowers really pop. I think it is great that we have this hobby to keep us doing something fun while we stay in. Be safe!

Joan said...

This is beautiful Viv, love the white embossing and vellum, two of my favourite things!

Joan

Vicky Hayes said...

This stamp was a perfect choice for this technique Viv! I love the coloured stems and leaves on the card base and the gorgeous pop of the white vellum flower heads against the green.
One thing is for sure in the coming weeks - none of us will be lonely in our corner of Blogland! Stay well!, Vicky x

Mrs A. said...

Your vellum flowers are beautiful. You were right to put against a coloured background. They really stand out. We are trying to stay indoors as much as we can and self issolate from crowds. Will have to go out tomorrow for food though as the earliest food delivery slot
I could get is the 23rd April. I know it is not the shops faultthey are coping as best they can , it is the greed of a few who have bulk bought that has caused the shortages not that they will have given a thought to anyone else but themselves. Stay safe and well in these truoubled times. Thank heavens for crafting.
Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and most gorgeous stamp...love CAS..
xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is so pretty Viv and I love the white embossing on vellum, it's so delicate. I also like the contrast between the white flowers and the green background, it's lovely. Crafty hugs, Sandra xx

Billie A said...

wonderful card. pretty die and touch of colors. Great dotted background perfect background for the flowers. I like the sentiment colors matches the flowers. So glad you shared over at Crafty Gals Corner.

Tracy said...

A really pretty creation Viv
Happy crafting
Tracy x

HilaryJane said...

I love those vellum flowers Viv, and the green on green works really well. I am struggle to focus on anything recently. I had hoped to join stamping sensations this month but I am not sure that I will get my act together in time, thanks for the inspiration though xx

Loll said...

Your white embossed vellum flowers are so pretty and delicate, Viv! They looks fabulous on the green card base. xx

Bonnie said...

Love these delicate flowers, Viv! The colored stems and leaves and colored background make them show beautifully!

Pat said...

These pretty vellum flowers really pop against the beautiful green background Viv. A really elegant card! x

Jeanne H said...

A really lovely card...I never think to use vellum. Thanks for the reminder.